1. Steel Annealing:
Annealing, in metallurgy and materials science, is a heat treatment wherein a material is altered, causing changes in its properties such as hardness and ductility. It is a process that produces conditions by heating to above the critical temperature, maintaining a suitable temperature, and then cooling. Annealing is used to induce ductility, soften material, relieve internal stresses, refine the structure by making it homogeneous, and improve cold working properties.
2. Steel Normalizing:
Normalizing is a type of heat treatment applicable to ferrous metals only. It differs from annealing in that the metal is heated to a higher temperature and then removed from the furnace for air cooling. The purpose of normalizing is to remove the internal stresses induced by heat treating, welding, casting, forging, forming, or machining. Stress, if not controlled, leads to metal failure; therefore, before hardening steel, you should normalize it first to ensure the maximum desired results.
3. Steel Quenching/Hardening:
The hardening treatment for most steels consists of heating the steel to a set temperature and then cooling it rapidly by plunging it into oil, water, or brine. Most steels require rapid cooling (quenching) for hardening but a few can be air-cooled with the same results. Hardening increases the hardness and strength of the steel, but makes it less ductile. Generally, the harder the steel, the more brittle it becomes.
4. Steel Tempering:
Tempering is a heat treatment technique applied to ferrous alloys, such as steel or cast iron, to achieve greater toughness by decreasing the hardness of the alloy. The reduction in hardness is usually accompanied by an increase in ductility, thereby decreasing the brittleness of the metal. Tempering is usually performed after quenching, which is rapid cooling of the metal to put it in its hardest state. Tempering is accomplished by controlled heating of the quenched work-piece to a temperature below its "lower critical temperature". This is also called the lower transformation temperature or lower arrest temperature; the temperature at which the crystalline phases of the alloy, called ferrite and cementite, begin combining to form a single-phase solid solution referred to as austenite. Heating above this temperature is avoided, so as not to destroy the very-hard, quenched microstructure, called martensite.
5. Steel Quenching and Tempering:
To remove some of the brittleness, you should temper the steel after quenching. Quenching and tempering provides the steel with high strength and ductility. Quenching and tempering is a heat-treatment method for high-quality heavy plates. Quenching and tempering consists of a two-stage heat-treatment process. Stage 1 includes hardening, in which the plate is austenitized to approximately 900°C and then quickly cooled. The material is water-quenched in a quench unit, in which the plate is clamped to avoid warpage. Stage 2 consists of tempering the material to obtain the desired material properties. Quenching and tempering achieves an extremely fine-grained and homogeneous microstructure. Quenched and tempered steel is characterized by high strength and good ductility.
6. Steel Solution treatment:
Solution heat treatment involves the heating of an alloy to a suitable temperature, holding at that temperature for sufficient time to induce one or more of the constituents to enter into solid solution and then cooling rapidly enough to hold these constituents in solution. This kind of hear treatment mainly used for the Stainless steel, Aluminium alloys, Titanium alloys, Beryllium copper alloys, Inconel and associated heat resisting alloys, Nickel base alloys, Maraging steels products.
We have ever offered the heat treatment service for many customers from Southeast Asia, Middle East, South America etc. All of them has given us the very high compliment. If you need steel heat treatment services for your products, please do not hesitate to contact with us.
- 304 stainless steel welded pipe for decoration
- diesel engine locomotive replacement spare parts
- price list 43coil price per meter
- buy from china stainless steel hl finished
- rcd l stainless steel rubber lined pipe joint
- en steel 355 n nl for koricky
- factory stainless steel netting coil micron
- 25 1 0 mm q195 black annealed bendable steel pipe
- q235 s400 material
- astm a 53 steel tube hot rolled carbon steel pipe
- 2500tons A283 Gr.C Steel Plates to Kuwait
- 7800 Tons Steel Plates to Indonesia
- 4960 Ton ABS EH36 Steel Plates to Thailand
- Q245R Vessel Tank Plates To Brazil For Building Oil Drilling Plate form
- Q235A and Q235B Seamless Pipes Exported to Colombia
- Steel Plates for Right Bank Thermal Power Project in India
- 329tons Stainless Steel Plate & 1680 Ton Pressure Steel Plate to Vietnam
- 1800 Tons SPA-H Plates, 900 Tons Profile Steel to Indonesia
- a514 plate composition
- 317 steel plate 1 3401
- sae1020 carbon seamless steel pipes sch40 astma 333
- china manufacture low cost hot rolled steel plate s45c
- ral 9010 color coated steel coil
- mould cavity plate skd61 alibaba
- steel plate q235q ship bridge steel superior quality
- how to repair a corten steel diy
- exhaust pipe flexible pipe shacman flexible pipe
- lr ah32 steel mechanical properties